Camp Sunny Days 2021 - HELEN ALDRICH PARK
The mission of Pleasant Valley Camp Sunny Days is to provide an environment where girls and boys can participate in supervised, varied, pro-social, summer recreational activities with their peers such as: Sports, Arts & Crafts, Group Play, Board Games, Special Events and more! Health Department, CDC guidelines and suggestions regarding COVID-19 will be followed for the safety and well being of our campers and staff.
NEW THIS YEAR!
-- CAMP IS LOCATED AT HELEN ALDRICH PARK
ENTER/EXIT BAKER FIELD - 1907 SALT POINT TURNPIKE, SALT POINT
-- EARLY DROP OFF -- LATE PICK UP
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Children entering 1st grade through entering 7th grade in September 2021 Residents and eligible non-residents
Early Drop off at Helen Aldrich 7:30 - 9 AM (must be pre-registered)
Normal Drop off at Helen Aldrich entering at Baker Field (1907 Salt Point Turnpike) begins at 9 AM
Normal Pick up at Helen Aldrich is from 2:30 - 3 PM
Late pick up at Helen Aldrich is from 4:30 - 5 PM (must be pre-registered)
Early Registration - BEFORE May 14th - *$10 discount applied at checkout
**Must be REGISTERED AND PAID by May 14th to receive discount.
Registration is on a "First Come, First Served" basis and must be completed two weeks before the start of respective camp session to avoid late registration fee. Register early to reserve your campers spot!
** “IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION” below regarding the required Medical History and Immunization records.
We will be running camp with Portable bathrooms for this camp season. In the event of extreme weather we will be sending campers home.
Registration Closes as Follows ( if maximum capacity has not been met):
-session one: June 21st
-session two: July 5th
-session three: July 19th
- All campers must wear stable, sturdy footwear daily. This is a safety issue. Flip flops are NOT allowed.
- Absolutely no early drop-offs before 9 AM, unless the camper is registered for early drop-offs.
- Participants must be picked up no later than 3 PM; pick-up begins at 2:30 PM, unless registered for late pick up
- Water bottles are necessary; Lunch should be brought daily in an insulated bag, if possible. Please mark all belongings with child's name.
- Note: Please make sure your child leaves all electronic devices and valuables at home. There is no need for them at camp. The Town of Pleasant Valley is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Dress your child for the weather, and consult the calendar for special events that may require a change of clothes.
- The registration process asks for "Who Will / May Pick up your child from camp" each day. If someone other than the pick-up designees will pick up your child, there needs to be a note sent to the Camp Director stating such. ID of this person will be required at the time of pick-up or Dismissal Card must be present.
- End of camp, the campers who will be aging out of camp next year will be given the opportunity to discuss the possibility of registering for the following year’s JR. LEADERSHIP PROGRAM and will be interviewed/reviewed by either the Day Camp Director or the Assistant Day Camp Director.
Any Two Week Session: Residents $200.00; Eligible Non-residents $250.00
Session One: Monday July 5th No Camp (session prorated)
Early registration discount rate of $10 applied at checkout prior to May 15th
Checks / Money Orders must be made payable to: Town of Pleasant Valley
IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION
- **MEDICAL HISTORY/IMMUNIZATIONS:
- Dutchess County Department of Health regulations require that we have, on file, the Immunization Records AS WELL AS their current Medical History FROM the physician's office.
- Must be current and dated between September 1st, 2020 and June 1st, 2021.
- Please submit a copy of these records IMMEDIATELY; doctor’s office fax them directly to Rec Office, 845-266-3873; regular mail to: PV Town Hall, 1554 Main Street, NY 12569,
- OR they can be dropped at the Rec Office, 27 Hibernia Road, Salt Point.
- MUST BE SUBMITTED ASAP BUT NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO START OF CAMP SESSION THEY ARE REGISTERED FOR.
- A Camp physical is not mandatory, but any and all health concerns must be noted.
SUNSCREEN AND BUG REPELLENT APPLICATION AUTHORIZATION
- NEW YORK STATE PUBLIC HEALTH LAW requires written permission for a child to carry and use sunscreen and /or bug repellent at camp.
- The legislation further requires the camp to maintain record of parental permission.
- Counselors and staff are not able to apply sunscreen or bug repellent.
- Please make sure any protection of this kind is applied prior to camp.
- Campers may apply it themselves if they wish during the day.
- Each camper must provide their OWN sunscreen and bug repellent.
- You will be prompted to give permission via the checkout process.
No Trips Scheduled for 2021