Jr (C.I.T) Counselor In Training @ Camp Sunny Days
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Please be aware in an effort to minimize some of the work of registering your child/ren, the Medical Screening Form is now part of the required “checkout” process. This method completely eliminates having to print the form as well as then having to get it to the office.
* If your child/ren will be attending multiple PV Rec Camps this summer, the Medical Screening Form only needs to be filled out, IN ITS ENTIRETY, one time.
**Please see “IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION” below regarding the required Immunization records.
This program is a youth skills-leadership development program for teens between 14 and 17 years of age, must have at least two seasons prior experience as a camper and participation is on a volunteer basis. This is not a paid position. There will be a Jr CIT performance evaluation, which will enable the Jr CIT participant to use their experience on a job application in the future. Participation as a Jr CIT in the program is not a guarantee for future employment as a Counselor.
Jr CIT Evaluations will be taken into consideration, as part of the interview process to fill open Counselor positions in the future, if an application is submitted for a Counselor Job.
This registration process is required, but does not eliminate the need to fill out and submit the Jr CIT Application to the Rec Office. The link for the application can be found below under Additional Forms and Files.
THIS IS A TWO PART PROCESS.
Part 1 is completing the registration below. Part 2 is completing and submitting the Application in FULL.
PLEASE NOTE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR PART 2:
~Please provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation from leaders in the community.
~Camp Activity Resource with Instructions - More information in packet
~Jr CIT Application
~Immunization Records (Bring to Interview)
~Staff Contact Information Sheet
Please ONLY submit the application once you have all of the requirements completed.
Applications that are missing ANY of the required information will NOT be accepted.
Enrollment is limited and application must be submitted by May 15th.
- Session 1 runs from July 1st - July 12th (Closed Thursday, July 4th)
- Session 2 runs from July 15th - July 26th
- Session 3 runs from July 29th - August 9th
IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION
- RECORD OF IMMUNIZATIONS: Dutchess County Department of Health regulations require that we have the dates of these immunizations on file from Physician's records.
- Copy of these records MUST be submitted at the time of scheduled interview.
- A Camp physical is not mandatory, but any and all health concerns must be noted.
- All campers must wear stable, sturdy footwear daily. This is a safety issue. Flip flops are NOT allowed.
- Absolutely no early drop-offs in the AM, & participants must be picked up no later than 3 PM; pick-up begins at 2:30 PM.
- Water bottles are necessary; Lunch should be brought daily in an insulated bag, if possible. Please mark all belongings with child's name.
- Note: Please make sure your child leaves all electronic devices and valuables at home. There is no need for them at camp. The Town of Pleasant Valley is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Dress your child for the weather, and consult the calendar for special events that may require a change of clothes.
- Each Jr CIT will receive two t-shirts per season (not session).
- The registration process asks for "Who Will / May Pick up your child from camp" each day. If someone other than the pick-up designee's will pick up your child, there needs to be a note sent to the Camp Director stating such. ID of this person will be required at the time of pick-up.
- Trip Information: PLEASE SEE BELOW
All trips may result in an extended day. Please confirm pick up time day of trip.
Trip Information: Jr CIT's must wear Jr CIT Camp T-shirt day of trip. All trips include transportation provided.
Session 1 ~ Fishkill Bowling Alley - Trip includes, transportation
Session 2 ~ Lilymoore Alpaca Farm - Trip includes, transportation, entrance to the farm. Please send Jr CIT with lunch and snacks.
Session 3 ~ Town of Stanford Rec. Park: Trip includes, transportation. Please send Jr CIT with lunch and snacks. PLEASE NOTE: There is a concession stand with the following prepackaged items for purchase-all under $2; Water, Gatorade, Chocolate, Candy, Chips & Ice Cream Bars.
Additional Forms and Files: